Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ontario parking tickets, are they tagged against the licence plate of the vehicle or the owner of the vehicle?

Reason I'm asking is I just got a notice that says I have a parking ticket that I have to pay. It says on the notice 'If you do not pay this ticket, your license plate renewal will be denied". I just got a new car, and I have to put new plates on it anyways because I don't have the old plates anymore (the ones that have the ticket on them). Will I have to end up paying this ticket?

Ontario parking tickets, are they tagged against the licence plate of the vehicle or the owner of the vehicle?
Tagged against the plate which is registered to the legal owner of the car.
Reply:Yes, because when you get new plates its like a transfer. When they see those plates are no longer valid they will find out why (suspension, transfer, etc) and then find out you have new plates. They will then find you and contact you about it. It may take a bit longer but it will eventually catch up with you. You might want to pay it just to save hassle in the future (and more fines) Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment